We would all love to have firmer skin. That’s why treatments like Thermi250, Venus Freeze and Venus Legacy are all so popular at our clinics. You can always us firming creams to help the process along but whatever you choose to do here are some helpful hits to getting a firmer body.
1) Drink lots of water.
2) Exfoliate once to twice a week so your moisturizer can penetrate to the freshest layer of skin cells.
3) Use a moisturizer with vitamin C to encourage collagen production – this will help make your skin feel firm but not dry and tight. Or eat more foods with vitamin C such as orange juice.
4) Wash your face with a cream cleanser instead of a foaming one.
5) Exercise when possible 30mins a day.
6) Eat avocado and soy as it is shown to increase collagen production.
7) Avoid Sunlight use a high SPF, long term sun exposure breaks down collagen and degrades elastin.
8) Don’t smoke. Smoking destroys collagen and elastin and decreases levels of estrogen, which is necessary to keep your skin firm.
9) Eat the Proper Foods. New research tells us that low levels of vitamin C and zinc may inhibit the skin’s ability to repair itself. Try eating more fatty fish (i.e. salmon), dark green vegetables (broccoli), almonds, and walnuts. And drink green tea!
10) Try sleeping on your back it causes less wrinkles, get silk or soft high fiber count sheets, these also prevent wrinkles.