Mens PRP Hair Treatment Toronto
Skin Vitality Medical Clinic is the #1 Provider of PRP® Hair Restoration, CoolSculpting®, Botox®, Juvederm®, Sculptra®, EMSculpt® and Fraxel® in Canada and WE CAN OFFER YOU:
SHOP OUR EXCLUSIVE GIFT CARD OFFERS!
Give that special someone (or yourself) the gift of confidence and feeling amazing from the inside out! Easy to order, packaged in a fabulous gift box or send an eGift Card online directly to the recipient!
Get up to $200 back when purchasing a gift card with us.
About PRP Hair Restoration
Your hair isn’t as thick and lush as it used to be. In fact, your hair is thinning. What began as patchy hair loss has become an undeniable fact – you’re balding! You’ve searched tirelessly for a hair loss cure. No matter how you brush or style your hair, you can’t seem to hide your bald spots. You’ve tried creams and lotions, even haircuts for thick hair but nothing has remedied your fine and thinning hair.
Before you resort to hair transplant surgery or other painful options to treat your hair loss, get to the root of the problem with PRP® Hair Restoration at Skin Vitality Medical clinic – a safe and effective way to prevent hair loss and promote healthy hair growth that is completely non-surgical. Achieve thicker, lusher, and more voluminous hair without surgery or downtime!
PRP Hair Restoration TORONTO at Skin Vitality
Skin Vitality Medical Clinic is proud to offer PRP® Hair Restoration for treatment of fine, thinning hair, hair loss, male pattern baldness and Alopecia. This revolutionary hair loss treatment stimulates and heals your hair follicles, promoting healthy hair regrowth! Here are some additional benefits to the treatment:
Simply longer, thicker and healthier hair!
Hair Loss Solutions by Viviscal PRO
Viviscal Professional has 25 years of continued research, experience, and expertise. Today, Viviscal supplements are the number 1 hair growth supplement for women and men in the US with over 4 million units sold globally and 1 box of Viviscal supplements sold every minute worldwide!
Viviscal PRO is continuously investing in further clinical trials globally with numerous international trails previously conducted to prove the efficacy and safety of their supplements.
Let’s look at Viviscal’s active ingredients:
- AminoMar C. Viviscal’s claim to fame is their unique AminoMar C marine complex blend, which combines shark cartilage and mollusk powder.
- Biotin (Vitamin B7). Biotin is a common ingredient in hair growth products, as it’s a natural protein that helps maintain normal hair health in humans.
- Ana: Tel, (a proprietary complex derived from grape seeds and pea sprouts), extends the hair growth phase and reduces hair shedding
- L-Cystine: Powerful antioxidant that helps protect the body from free radicals, which can damage the cells that make up hair follicles.
- L-Methionine: The human body does not create L-Methionine which contains Sulphur. Sulphur helps build collagen, strengthen the skin, boosts keratin, which gives hair its strength and elasticity.
- Apple Extract: Helps increase hair growth, hair weight, keratin content and improves skin quality
Hair Loss Products Offered by Viviscal PRO
Take 1 tablet 2 x daily . Provides the damaged hair with important nutrients and nourishment to facilitate the growth of healthy hair.
Viviscal PRO Thickening Elixir:
Apply as needed. This lightweight, densifying leave-in serum encourages thicker, fuller looking hair. It can be applied daily on wet or dry hair. Acts a heat protectant as well.
Viviscal PRO Thickening Shampoo:
Wash as often as you like. The all-natural lightweight shampoo gently cleanses the hair and nourishes the follicle.
Viviscal PRO Thickening Conditioner:
Condition as often as you like. Provides hair with weightless moisture.
What They’re Saying ABOUT MALE PRP HAIR TREATMENT
What are the causes of hair loss in men?
- Family history (heredity) – The most common cause of hair loss is a hereditary condition that happens with aging. This condition is called androgenic alopecia, male-pattern baldness and female-pattern baldness. It usually occurs gradually and in predictable patterns — a receding hairline and bald spots in men and thinning hair along the crown of the scalp in women.
- Hormonal changes and medical conditions – A variety of conditions can cause permanent or temporary hair loss, including hormonal changes due to pregnancy, childbirth, menopause and thyroid problems. Medical conditions include alopecia areata, which causes immune system related problems and patchy hair loss, scalp infections such as ringworm, and a hair-pulling disorder called trichotillomania.
- Medications and supplements – Hair loss can be a side effect of certain drugs, like those used for cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, gout and high blood pressure.
- Radiation therapy to the head – The hair may not grow back the same as it was before once undergoing radiation.
- A very stressful event – Many people experience a general thinning of hair several months after a physical or emotional shock. This type of hair loss is temporary.
- Hairstyles and treatments – Excessive hairstyling or hairstyles for thin hair that pull your hair tight, such as pigtails or cornrows, can cause a type of hair loss called traction alopecia. Hot-oil hair treatments and permanents also can cause hair to fall out. If scarring occurs, hair loss could be permanent.
Why Am I Losing Hair?
Every hair on your head and body grows in a continuous cycle. This cycle has four stages or phases:
- Growth (Anagen)
- Transition (Catagen)
- Resting (Telogen)
- Shedding (Exogen)
Not all your hair is at the same stage – 10-20% of your hair is transitioning or resting (Catagen or Telogen stage). The rest is actively growing (Anagen stage). For healthy hair, the Growth stage usually lasts about 3-6 years. However, in unhealthy hair, this lasts shorter. That means more hair is going through the other stages, to the point where the resting or shedding stages may even be longer than the growth stage. You experience less hair growth and more hair loss. While the average person loses about 100 hairs per day, you’ll be losing much more.
Watch This Quick Video ON PRP HAIR RESTORATION FOR MEN
Founded in 1992, Skin Vitality Medical Clinic has 13 Locations across Southeastern Ontario. Our Medical Team consists of over 200 professionals including 10 Medical Doctors, 40 Nurse Practitioners and dozens of Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses. We are the Largest Provider of Botox®, Juvederm®, CoolSculpting®, Hair Restoration®, Sculptra®, EMSculpt® and Fraxel® in Canada.
How Does PRP Hair Restoration work?
PRP® Hair Restoration is a treatment that is based on growth factors naturally present in your own blood. PRP®, or Platelet-Rich Plasma, is the term for plasma that contains a high concentration of platelets (cell fragments without a nucleus) in a small amount of plasma (the liquid portion of blood that has its red cell, white cells and other components removed). The ratio is 1,000,000 platelets per microlitre (μL). This is at least twice what is found in blood!
A small amount of blood is taken from the client and then spun (centrifugation) to separate the red cells and granulocytes from the plasma. PRP® contains vital growth factors, including Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF), Transforming Growth Factor group (TGF),Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF), Fibroblast and Growth Factor (FGF). These serve to stimulate the development of new hair follicles as well as dramatically improve the condition and health of those that exist.
The platelet concentrate and plasma is then collected into a syringe to be used for the PRP® cosmetic treatment.
PRP® is effective in preventing hair loss for men and women and for treating male pattern baldness and female pattern baldness.
PRP Hair Restoration Treatment: What To Expect
PRP® is a great for treating hair loss, especially for those with thin, sparse and brittle hair. Studies show that PRP® is effective in treating hair loss by:
Women can expect to regain almost all of their hair by undergoing a PRP Hair Restoration treatment. If you’re a man, you can expect to get about 30% to 40% of your hair back post-treatment.
MALE PRP Hair Restoration near you!
FAQ's About PRP Hair Restoration
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a treatment that doctors use to accelerate healing in various areas of the body. Platelets promote cell growth and regeneration. PRP therapy for hair loss is a three-step medical treatment in which a person’s blood is drawn, processed, and then injected into the scalp. Doctors typically use this treatment when hair loss results from androgenetic alopecia, a common condition that causes hair follicles to shrink. PRP injections trigger natural hair growth and maintain it by increasing blood supply to the hair follicle and increasing the thickness of the hair shaft.
PRP therapy typically consists of three treatments in a 4–6 week period, with maintenance treatments every 4–6 months.
The price typically ranges from $1,500–$3,500 for the initial three treatments, with one injection at $500 or more.
Book a free virtual or in-clinic consultation to speak with a medical consultant to get your customized treatment package!
For best results, consistency is key. Treatments are typically performed once a month for the first three to four months, and then every three to six months thereafter, depending on the individual patient’s response and results. Following this protocol, anticipated results can first be seen within two to three months.
And after the results start to appear, you’ll still need to get touch-ups at least once a year to maintain new hair regrowth.
The procedure is relatively painless and requires zero recovery time. PRP treatment is one of the safest ways to restore the hairline naturally.
First, the doctor draws blood from the patient’s arm and then separates the PRP from the rest of the blood’s components.
The practitioner carefully injects the PRP into multiple places under the skin. The process is meticulous — with injections beginning across the scalp, approximately at every half inch over the area of thinning hair — but typically, the entire procedure takes less than a half hour.
The platelets break down and release their growth factors, which trigger the natural processes of cell proliferation and tissue renewal.
The procedure itself takes about 30 minutes, and most people can resume their normal activities immediately afterward.
The effect of treatment is most noticeable after at least six months. Repeat treatments may be necessary to maintain the improvement in hair growth and texture.
The patient should avoid washing the treatment area for 48 hours. After that, it is all right to use hair and skin care products and continue with topical medications.
The treatment area may be sore for two or three days, and the patient may notice some bruising. Acetaminophen can help ease discomfort. In case of severe pain, the patient should notify the doctor’s office right away.
Hair dye or coloring treatments can resume one week after PRP treatment.
There is strong evidence to support that platelet-rich plasma is better for some types of hair loss than others. Most research on PRP for hair loss has focuses on its use to treat androgenetic alopecia (AGA). This is also known as hormone-related baldness, this is a condition that can affect both men and women.
PRP is safe and effective for many people. However, if you have an underlying disorder such as thyroid disease or lupus, you aren’t likely to have good results because these conditions will continue to cause hair loss over time. This is why we provide all patients with a free assessment prior to treatment.