PRP Platelet-Rich Plasma
SERVING CANADIANS SINCE 1992
ABOUT PRP Platelet-Rich Plasma
Skin Vitality Medical Clinic is proud to offer Eclipse PRP® technology. Eclipse is the number one PRP device in Canada!
The Eclipse PRP® Difference
- It’s easier to use, with fewer steps than other PRP technologies. That means your treatment is shorter and faster.
- It has a high platelet recovery rate, at an optimal 87% ± 10%.
- The centrifuge is faster, with a single spin in just minutes.
- Only a small volume of blood is taken, making it a more comfortable experience.
- The concentration of platelets is consistent so your treatments are consistent and predictable.
Let's Get Technical
PRP, or Platelet-Rich Plasma, is a high concentration of platelets (cell fragments without a nucleus) located in a small amount of plasma (the liquid portion of blood that has its red cell, white cells and other components removed). It is basically 1,000,000 platelets per microlitre (μL), or at least twice the native concentration of blood.
To create PRP, a small amount of blood is taken from the patient using a proprietary tube. This is then subjected to centrifugation (spinning), so that the red cells and granulocytes are separated from the plasma.
The platelet concentrate and plasma that remains are then collected into a syringe, which is then used to treat the patent.
The PRP treatment uses your own blood.
Growth factors are released by platelets, and these function to regulate healing. When your skin is targeted with PRP, affected cells start to repair any damaged tissue and regenerate new, healthy tissue.
PRP and Hair Growth
PRP is a great treatment option if you have thin, sparse and brittle hair. Studies show that PRP is effective in treating hair loss by doing the following:
- Increasing hair counts
- Increasing hair thickness
- Increasing the number of times your hair actively grows (anagen phase of the hair growth cycle)
If you’re a woman, PRP can help you get almost all your hair back. If you’re a man, you can expect to get about 30% to 40% back.
Treatment takes a little longer than for skin rejuvenation, since it is so meticulous. Once the blood has been separated into platelet rich plasma, it is injected across the scalp, approximately at every half inch over the area of thinning hair.