PRP Treatment Canada
SERVING CANADIANS SINCE 1992
ABOUT PRP Treatment Canada
Skin Vitality Medical Clinic is proud to offer Eclipse PRP® technology. Eclipse is the number one PRP device in Canada!
The Eclipse PRP® Difference
- It’s easier to use, with fewer steps than other PRP technologies. That means your treatment is shorter and faster.
- It has a high platelet recovery rate, at an optimal 87% ± 10%.
- The centrifuge is faster, with a single spin in just minutes.
- Only a small volume of blood is taken, making it a more comfortable experience.
- The concentration of platelets is consistent so your treatments are consistent and predictable.
Let's Get Technical
PRP, or Platelet-Rich Plasma, has been used since the 1970s for the repair of soft tissue and joints. Because of its effectiveness, PRP is now being used in aesthetic medicine.
Platelet rich plasma therapy is a high concentration of platelets (cell fragments without a nucleus) located in a small amount of plasma (the liquid portion of blood that has its red cell, white cells and other components removed). It is basically 1,000,000 platelets per microlitre (μL), or at least twice the native concentration of blood.
To create PRP, a small amount of blood is taken from the patient using a proprietary tube. This is then subjected to centrifugation (spinning), so that the red cells and granulocytes are separated from the plasma.
The platelet concentrate and plasma that remains are then collected into a syringe, which is then used to treat the patent.
The PRP treatment uses your own blood.
Growth factors are released by platelets, and these function to regulate healing. When your skin is targeted with PRP, affected cells start to repair any damaged tissue and regenerate new, healthy tissue.