So life is stressful, long days at work, crazy family life, bills, illness, I could keep going on and on. Everyone has their own individual stress buttons that are more then likely pushed everyday. Stress is so harmful to you, it can raise your blood pressure, give you headaches, mess with your digestion — again I could keep going on.
So how do we deal with it? If you are lucky you may already know what you need to do to calm yourself down. For most of us however we muddle through and hope whatever it is that is stressing us out goes away or that we can remove ourselves from the situation. If we can’t the stress continues till we explode (not really) or we just run ourselves into the ground and end up being rather sick.
So here are a few tips on stay cool under the collar when things heat up and begin to get under your skin.
- Try not to over dramatize a situation, think it through yourself before you get friends involved, well meaning friends can add to the fire.
- Stay away from negative people and drama Queens, you have enough dealing with your own life being dragged into someone else disasters only makes things worse.
- Create a calm environment to retreat to, have somewhere you can go even for a few minutes for peace and quite.
- Make sure you are getting enough sleep, am terrible grumpy when I don’t get my 8 hours. It’s also harder to deal with situations when tired.
- Are you eating? Am a bear when am not fed and watered so getting enough protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Working out or just going for a walk will help you clear your mind.
- Take a day off, all work and no play really make for a sad individual.
- Paint, draw or take up a musical instrument.
- Write things down get it out of your system