After all of that holiday eating, you may have noticed that you’ve lost some of that tone in your stomach you diligently sweated over to get in the months preceding Christmas and New Year’s. We can only imagine how many crunches and sit ups you did, and within a couple of weeks, it’s seems like all of your hard work on your core has come undone. No worries – with help from EMSCULPT and CoolSculpting treatments, combined with these 5 exercises, your abs will be back in tip top shape.
And you’ll be happy to know that these exercises don’t include any sit ups or crunches!
1. Hold heavy weights in your hands and walk around for as long as you can. You may not think that this will work your mid section, but it definitely does. The added weight helps to keep your abs struggling to maintain your stride and balance.
2. Work out your core plus your legs with weighted squats. Just make sure that you choose a heavier weight, keep your back flat and don’t let your knees project over your toes.
3. Pushups are fantastic for the abs, as long as you keep your back flat. Keep at them and you’ll gradually also notice an improvement in your arms, chest and even your legs to some extent!
4. You’ve seen it before if you take pilates: the plank. Hold for as long as you can and you’ll feel the burn, alright!
5. For something completely different, take up belly dancing. You’ll strengthen your abdominal muscles exponentially, and have fun doing it.