Ladies, let’s be honest. With age, we tend to let things slip in the appearance department. Maybe it’s because you’re too busy or don’t care so much anymore, because you figure nobody’s paying attention to you anyway since you feel like you’re “past your prime” or you don’t think that you can compete with the other women who are younger than you are.
What a mistake that is!
No matter how old you are, you can still look fantastic and feel great about yourself by taking care of your appearance. You may be getting fillers now and then, but you also have to not do these 5 things:
1. Wearing mommy jeans: you know the kind – the ones that have a high waist, are too tight across your bum and are baggy, tapering at the ankles. They may be comfortable but look at yourself in them: undesirable belly bulging, flattened out bum and no discernible shape to your legs.
Solution: Keep these jeans at home, shoved way back in your closet. Get yourself a nice, tailored fit that complements your shape.
2. Greying eyebrows: you may be able to get away with a few wisps of grey hair on your head, but never, ever allow your eyebrows to harbour anything remotely grey.
Solution: Dyeing your brows (performed by a stylist) or using a brow pencil to add colour. Plucking may help, but you don’t want to do this because it could make your brows very sparse.
3. Yellowing teeth: one of the easiest ways to prematurely age your appearance is by neglecting your teeth. Yellow, stained teeth won’t just make you look older; they are also perceived as a personal grooming inadequacy.
Solution: Teeth whitening and regular visits with your dentist.
4. Thick and dark lipstick: this adds years to your appearance because it’s dated. It’ll also increase the chances of colour bleeding into your lip lines.
Solution: Softer, neutral colours are best no matter how old you are.
5. Long hair with no layers: a big chunk of hair without layers, in one solid colour, can only be flattering for the very, very few who dare to style it this way. But for most women, layers and some strategically placed highlights will do wonders for your look.
Solution: Visit your trusted hair stylist!