COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOL
Skin Vitality Medical remains committed to prioritizing the health and wellbeing of our communities by adhering to Ontario Public Health Guidelines to stop the spread of COVID-19.
At this time, our clinics are offering a limited repertoire of regulated medical treatments. As such, we have dramatically reduced patient capacity in our clinics.
With COVID-19 regional public health measures and restrictions, Skin Vitality has different locations in different zones. For each region, there are different public health and workplace safety measures for businesses in place and services vary by location as a result.
Please contact your location directly to find out which services are currently being offered.
Our response to the COVID-19 pandemic will continue to evolve and be modified as new information becomes available from Public Health, the Ministry of Health, and the Provincial Government regarding safety guidelines and restrictions.
- Floor decals have been installed to mark 6 feet apart to encourage social distancing
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at our front Reception desks and in our offices
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been mounted in high traffic areas throughout the clinic
- All shared items have been removed from communal areas
- Virtual Consultations have been introduced to reduce patient wait times in communal areas
- Patients are scheduled with a buffer of 15 minutes to allow for a vigorous cleaning protocol in between appointments
- Both staff and patients have their temperatures upon entry using a touch-free thermometer
- Both staff and patients are screened upon entry using a series of COVID19 pre-screening questions; these questions are susceptible to change based on guidelines as issued by Ontario Public Health
- Social distancing is being enforced in clinic
- Workers have been trained on hand hygiene, particularly handwashing and sanitizing
- Workers are reminded about good cough and sneeze etiquette and to avoid touching their face
- All workers and visitors must properly clean their hands before entering the workplace and after contact with objects and surfaces others may have touched
- All shared items (iPads, styluses, pens, POS) are sanitized after each use
- High-touch surfaces are disinfected regularly with Super Sani-Cloth® Germicidal Wipes (DIN# 02247354)
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Our clinics are adequately stocked with appropriate Health Canada Approved PPE for each department and for our patients
- Professionally fitted Niosh N95 L-188 (TC-84A6973) & L-288 (TC-84A-7228) masks, and KN95 Efficient Filtering Mask K.E.F. (GB2626-2006)
- Earloop Procedure Masks 100% Cotton non-woven inner layer Super Soft (211-P703020)
- Our clinics are adequately stocked with sanitization supplies including but limited to anti-bacterial soap, hand sanitizer and Super Sani-Cloth® Germicidal Wipes – which are included on Health Canada’s list of hard-surface disinfectants demonstrating that they are effective against SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19
- Face masks are mandatory and are provided for our staff and patients
Kindly reschedule your appointment either 3 weeks from potential exposure/ diagnosis or 3 weeks after your symptoms have subsided if:
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- You currently have signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- Fever (37.8°C or higher)
- New or worsening cough, shortness of breath
- Sore throat, difficulty swallowing
- Headache with runny nose, or nasal congestion (not related to seasonal allergies)
- New onset of atypical symptoms (diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, muscles aches/chills, unexplained fatigue/malaise (feeling unwell), abdominal pain
- New onset loss of sense of taste/smell disorder
- You have travelled or been in contact with someone who has travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- A doctor, health care provider, or public health unit has told you that you should currently be isolating
- Within the last 14 days, a public health unit has identified you as a close contact of someone who currently has COVID-19
- Within the last 14 days, you have received a COVID Alert exposure notification on your cell phone
We will continue to work diligently to enhance our safety protocols to protect the wellbeing of our patients, team members, and communities.
We are deeply appreciative of our patients’ cooperation during these trying times.
It is an honour to continue to provide care to our patients by doing what inspires us – offering the best in medical aesthetics – with kindness and compassion.