CoolSculpting Before & After
You’ve had your consultation for CoolSculpting® non-surgical fat reduction treatment and are now ready to start. Are you ready?
What you need to do to prepare for your CoolSculpting® Sessions
We know you want to see your results as soon as possible. Part of making the process easier and smoother is to prepare your body for your treatment. Doing so will also improve your results.
Here are 5 things you should do before the day of your treatment.
- Avoid taking any medications or supplements that thin your blood, such as aspirin, fish oil or St. Johns Wort. These all have blood thinning properties that can make you more susceptible to bruising. It’s best to stop taking them at least one week before your session. However, before doing that please talk to your family doctor to make sure it’s okay. Your doctor may also suggest alternative medications that you can take during this time.
- Avoid damaging your skin in the target area. The CoolSculpting® treatment involves some massaging and suctioning of the area being treated. If your skin is cut or excessively bruised, you might need to postpone your treatment to prevent your wound from getting worse.
- Avoid tanning your skin in the target area. Tanning can make your skin more sensitive to treatment. To minimize discomfort, it’s best to protect your skin from the sun exposure before your treatment.
- Eat healthy before your treatment. A healthy body makes it easier and faster for results to appear, since you’ll be functioning at an optimal level.
- You might want to consider stopping smoking for about a week before your session, too. Smoking can impede the healing process, delaying your results.
What you should do on the day of your CoolSculpting treatment
You’ve avoided blood thinners, ate healthy and have followed healthy lifestyle habits as advised. Now, finally, today is the day of your treatment!
You’re excited to start on the path to a thinner you. You might be feeling a little nervous, but don’t be. CoolSculpting® has been proven safe countless of times and is totally nonsurgical. You won’t see a scalpel or needle anywhere near you!
Here are 5 things you should do on the day of your treatment:
- Make sure to wear loose clothing that’s comfortable. You’ll also need to wear underwear and a bra. Your undergarments should be what you’d wear while lounging around at home, not the expensive ones you’d wear on a date! This is because gel is applied to your skin, and this gel might get on your underwear.
- You might want to consider bringing a change of clothes just in case.
- Don’t arrive to your appointment on an empty stomach – eat a light meal just to see you through your session.
- Make sure to bring along a book, iPad or other item to keep you occupied during your session. Although we offer advanced DualSculpting technology, allowing you to treat two areas at once in half the time, some entertainment will help make the time pass faster, as it can take 1-3 hours depending on how many areas you target.
- Be prepared to have some photos taken of the targeted area before your session. We’ll take the photos before and after your treatment so that you can easily see the improvement once you return to your followup appointment in 3 months or so.