Hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers, like Juvéderm, are a great way to remove lines and wrinkles. They have a temporary effect and generally last for a few months to a full year or two (depending on the type). However, the duration of a filler depends on a number of different factors such as the injection location, how many injections have been administered, the amount of filler administered and the speed at which your body metabolizes the product.
If you want to extend the results of your filler, you can try these things:
1. To maintain the longevity of dermal fillers, you should drink plenty of water and use a good moisturizer at least twice a day. Doing this prevents dehydration and keeps your skin more supple.
2. Blood circulation can speed up the breakdown of product. To reduce the blood flow to the injected areas, try sleeping with your head elevated.
3. UV rays and extreme heat can both reduce the life span of dermal fillers. Protect your skin from the sun and avoid temperature extremes.
4. Vigorous physical exercise can increase the heart rate and circulation (see #2).
5. To maintain your results, consider getting a touchup a few weeks later.