Over the last several years, the main focus in the medical aesthetic industry has been on non-invasive treatments and technologies. Laser skin tightening provides an alternative to surgical procedures such as a facelift and tummy tuck. Laser skin tightening uses a light source to tighten skin by heating the collagen under the skin’s surface.
Skin Tightening Claims: What is fact and what is fiction?
- Laser Skin Tightening helps to treat sagging skin. FACT – Laser Skin Tightening encourages the growth of new collagen in the treated areas and promotes the absorption of more collagen from surrounding, untreated areas. The regeneration of natural collagen results in smoother, softer skin and a more youthful and lifted appearance.
- Results of Skin Tightening are immediate. FICTION – results of skin tightening are gradual and cumulative. Depending on the technology, an average of 6-10 treatments are required to achieve optimal results.
- Laser Skin Tightening treatments are more cost effective than surgery. FACT – Laser Skin Tightening pricing varies depending on the individual patient’s needs such as the size and location of the area to be tightened, and the type of laser used. However, facial skin tightening is considerably less expensive than invasive surgeries.
- Laser Skin Tightening will remove pigmentation caused by aging and the sun. FICTION – Laser skin tightening does not target or treat uneven pigmentation of the skin. Pigmentation can be treated with resurfacing treatments such as Fraxel Skin Resurfacing.
- Laser Skin Tightening can be used to treat all skin types and tones. FACT – Most Laser skin tightening technologies are an effective option for people of all skin types and skin tones.
- Laser Skin Tightening is dangerous and has many potential side effect. FICTION – Laser skin tightening is a safe and painless way to rejuvenate the appearance of skin in any area of the body. It is important to find a medical provider that uses FDA and Health Canada Approved technology.
- Laser Skin Tightening is only effective for specific age demographics. FICTION – Men and women between ages 30 and 70 are ideal candidates for laser skin tightening procedures. Patients in good health with concerns with skin laxity are the perfect candidates for laser skin tightening.
- Results of Laser Skin Tightening are permanent. FICTION – Results of Laser Skin Tightening are not permanent. However, with regular maintenance sessions results can last up to 10 years.
Skin Vitality Medical Clinic offers Venus Freeze Non-Surgical Skin Tightening and ThermiSmooth. Harnessing the remarkable power of multi polar radio frequency (RF) combined with pulsed magnetic fields, our technologies have the ability to penetrate deeply into the skin, affecting multiple layers to achieve optimum results. Heat application is dispersed and homogenous, therefore treated skin is not harmed. The procedure is pain-free, comfortable and does not require any cooling gels or numbing cream. It’s also faster than other comparable treatments.