Your biggest concern? Puffy eyes.
No matter how much you sleep, it always seems like you’ve got puffy eyes. There are 5 general reasons why you may have them:
1. You eat too much salt, which promotes fluid retention not just around the eyes, but also elsewhere in the body.
2. You slept too much, or too little. Either one can cause puffiness.
3. You have a medical condition, and one of the symptoms of the condition is puffy eyes.
4. You drank too much last night.
5. Aging has caused the degradation of collagen and elasticity, resulting in the delicate tissue around the eyes to sag.
Most of these reasons are related to fluid retention and the area’s inability to flush out these trapped fluids and toxins. If your puffy eyes aren’t from aging or a medical condition, you can try to reduce their appearance by drinking more water, avoiding alcohol and placing a cool – not cold- compress on the eyes (steeped chamomile teabags or slices of cucumbers work well). When you sleep, elevate the head and sleep on your back.
To treat puffiness due to aging, you may want to consider Juvéderm. The filler can help smooth the area under the eyes to make the contour more even. There are also several skincare products available to address the problem.