Applying makeup to oily skin, and managing to keep it on for the entire day, can be difficult. Not only does it smudge and fade more easily, the products used can also be irritating and make the pores look larger. No wonder Permanent Makeup for the eyes and brows has become so popular these days!
But for the rest of the face, here are 5 things that you can do to make the application of makeup on oily skin easier, and help keep it on longer.
1. Do not use oil-based products, which will just contribute to the problem. Opt for water-based moisturizers and products that are specially formulated for oily skin. This helps to control oil production and create a better canvas for your makeup.
2. Do not use products containing alcohol. Alcohol is drying, and this triggers the skin to produce more oil.
3. Mineral-based foundations, concealers, powders and primers are great for oily skin because they often contain silica, an ingredient that helps to absorb oil.
4. Avoid products that clog the pores and enlarge them, like cream blushes and oil-based foundations.
5. Use blotting tissue instead of dabbing on more powder, which will just clog the pores. After all, you want to remove the excess oil, not just hide it.
If you’ve got oily skin, we’d love to hear your tips!