If you are trying to be healthy it’s sometimes very difficult, especially if you are work and you hit that 3 o’Clock slump. Snacks can keep your blood glucose (sugar) levels stable throughout the day if you find your energy level drops between meals. This can help to curb your feeling of hunger between meals and stop you from eating too much at mealtimes. Remember, not everyone needs snacks. In fact, too much snacking, could lead to unwanted weight gain and losing your CoolSculpting results! So eat when hungry not because you are bored :)
- Fruit with low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup of nuts and pulses
- Vegetables with low-fat dip or low fat cottage cheese
- Whole grain crackers with hummus, peanut butter or low-fat cheese
- Dried fruit
Remember to eat slowly, out of a small container, smaller portions are better. Don’t eat your meals in front of the telly it will lead to you eating more then you need, you need to listen to your body. It will tell you when it is full. Drink water often. Limit servings of regular pop and fruit drinks. They are low in nutrients and high in calories. Try to limit snacks to 3 a day.
- Bran muffins
- Whole grain bread, pita or naan with hummus
- Homemade or prepackaged trail mix bars
- Low fat plain milk or chocolate milk
- Fruit smoothie
- Whole grain crackers or melba toasts with low fat, low sodium cottage cheese or canned light tuna
Use the food labels on pre-packaged foods to help you make healthier choices. Nutrition Fact table it will tell you the serving size and the amount of the listed nutrients in each serving. It will list the calories, total fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, sodium and fibre.