Wait! We know you got scared off by the “diet” part, but honest, this recipe tastes just as good as any coffee cake out there! It’s also gluten-free, which makes it suitable for anyone who’s cut out wheat flour from their diet.
Diet, Gluten Free Coffee Cake
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup almond milk
3/4 cup arrowroot or almond flour
3/4 cup sifted coconut flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking pan. You can also line it with parchment paper if you wish.
2. Combine honey, butter, eggs and almond milk in a bowl until well combined.
3. Combine arrowroot or almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
4. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir well.
5. Pour HALF of the cake batter into the prepared cake pan and spread out evenly.
6. Prepare streusel.
1 cup chopped pecans
2 Tbsp. honey
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. coconut flour
1. Combine all ingredients .
2. Distribute half over the batter in the pan.
3. Pour the rest of the cake batter on streusel and top with remaining streusel.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 28-35 minutes. Remove from oven when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.