100 is the number of hairs you’ll shed everyday on average. That’s a whole lot, especially if you don’t have enough hair to begin with. Thick, luxurious hair depends on taking the right steps to care for it:
1. Most experts agree that washing your hair with shampoo should be done every other day, rather than everyday. Shampoo strips the hair of essential oils that keep strands from getting dry and brittle, so try skipping the shampoo sometimes. At first, you may feel like your hair is dirty, but you’ll probably notice that your coif will have a nicer sheen and won’t be as damaged. Time it so that you’ll use shampoo whenever you’ve worked out or sweated a lot.
2. Shampoo should never be left in. Wash it off as soon as you’ve finished lathering up.
3. Use conditioner after every shampooing. Conditioner moisturize the hair, keeping it softer and manageable. It’s vital whenever you use shampoo.
4. Eat more iron and protein from low-fat sources. Protein, in particular, nourishes the hair and builds up the keratin that composes it right in the follicles where it’s most important.
5. Trim split ends. Split ends can easily damage new growth. Get rid of them by having them trimmed by a professional hair stylist frequently.
If you have thinning hair, consider hair restoration. The treatment can help you actually re-grow your hair!