Did you know that 80% of Canadians don’t get enough exercise? It’s an unfortunate statistic that you aren’t hopefully part of. If you want to maintain your CoolSculpting results, you’ll need to increase the amount of physical activity you do everyday. Here are 5 easy ways to get more active, and none involve the gym!
- Take a brisk walk around the neighbourhood. Make sure you walk with purpose, as if you’re kind of in a rush to get somewhere, but without that stressed out feeling.
- Stand at your desk and do a few squats, leg raises, high knees, or anything else that you can do. 20 minutes of these strength training exercises will keep your metabolism going for better calorie burning.
- Do 10 pushups and 10 situps as soon as you get out of bed, then again right before you go to bed.
- Whenever a commercial comes on, take the opportunity to get up from the couch and jog in place.
- While waiting for that food to cook, do some pushups against the counter. Or, grab a heavy can and do some arm raises.
Your goal is to get about 45 minutes of physical activity into your day. There’s no need to do this at one time, though. Feel free to break this up into smaller chunks of acitvity, like 5 or 10 minute bursts.