If you’re receiving CoolSculpting treatments, a fantastic way to optimize the results is to follow a healthy diet and exercise routine. Doing so isn’t just for getting trimmed down and smoothing out cellulite – it’s also beneficial for your health (obviously!)
Here’s what you can do to help achieve and maintain the best results from your CoolSculpting treatments:
1. Drink one or two glasses of water a few minutes before you eat. Researchers found that by doing this, you won’t feel as hungry and consequently, won’t eat as much.
2. Eat more lean protein (nuts and leaner cuts of meat are preferable). The body breaks down protein more slowly, allowing for a steady supply of energy thus staving off hunger for a longer time. Carbs generally break down faster, which make them a great source of quick energy, but you’ll most likely feel hungrier faster.
3. Eat foods that will rev up your metabolism. Spicy red chili peppers, jalapenos, green tea, and steel-cut oats can all give your metabolism a good temporary boost. A faster metabolism allows you to burn more calories, even when your body is at rest.
4. Eat breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the day and kickstarts your body into action. Don’t forget to include some protein!
5. Find a physical activity you enjoy, and do it. Going to the gym to do some weights and cardio may be a great way to keep your body moving, but it won’t last if you don’t enjoy it. It’s better to find a physically demanding activity you truly enjoy. This way you’ll be having fun and not considering it “exercise”.