Whether because you partied hard last night, stayed up late to meet a deadline for work or have had them all your life thanks to genetics, you’ve got dark circles under the eyes and want to get rid of them. There are five things you can do to get rid of, or at least hide, them.
1. Relax and sleep. You knew that was coming, right? Even if it’s because of genetics, dark undereye circles can get worse if you’re stressed out and/or not sleeping enough. Put away the work, take a bath, get into your pj’s and vow to get at least 7-8 hours of shut eye on a regular basis. And relax when you can!
2. Go to the doctor. Those circles may be an indication of an iron deficiency, and a checkup will be able to confirm this. If you do have an iron deficiency, take some iron supplements as advised by your doctor. After a while, you may notice that you’ll look, and feel, less tired.
3. A good exercise regimen. Regular exercise will make you feel less tired, facilitate toxin removal, and get the blood pumping – along with sleep and relaxation, it’s one of the best natural solutions for dark circles.
4. Vitamins C, E and K. Vitamins C and E have great antioxidant properties to help fight against damaging free radicals, while Vitamin K can assist in constricting the capillaries that have been blamed in creating dark circles.
5. Concealer. For a quick fix, camouflage circles with makeup. Dab some concealer in the middle of the dark undereye circle, then gently blend outwards.
Also, did you know that Juvéderm under eye fillers may also help reduce the appearance of dark circles?