You’ve just had a great workout to help maintain your CoolSculpting results. With all that sweating you’ve done, you must have burned off a ton of calories, right?
If you binge eat right after your workouts, chances are, you’re eating more calories than you actually burned off. That’s because people tend to overestimate how hard their workout was. Plus, you may feel like you need to be rewarded for your efforts – which is okay to do, but not if you overdo it.
To stop from binge eating after your workout, try these tips:
- Don’t think of it as “working out”. Whatever physical activity you do, perceive it as something that’s fun, instead. That’s why it’s important to do something that you enjoy, like taking a dance class or playing a competitive sport. That way, you won’t feel the urge to reward yourself. The workout will be reward enough!
- Try to schedule your workouts before a main meal, like right before lunch or dinner. That way, you’ll be eating a proper meal rather than snacking.
- Don’t eat anything if you’re not hungry. Treating yourself to a little snack after you workout might just be a habit, rather than satiating hunger. If you’re not hungry, don’t eat!
- Before you eat anything, drink enough water to make you feel full. This will reduce the amount of what you eat after, because your hunger will be satiated faster.
- Think about the activities you’ve done for your exercise session and be honest. Then, eat accordingly.