You’ve got your business shirts, the modest ones you wear to your parents’ place, and the comfortable ones you lounge around at home in. There are also the ones you love because they make your body look fabulous.
Whether it’s because those shirts make you look bigger, perkier or more balanced up top, it’s all about how they fit your body type.
If you’re a little deprived up top, check out these features for a shirt that will enhance your bustline. It will create the illusion of fullness and better overall proportion.
- Empire waistline: Highlight the bust area by bringing the waistline up to just below your bustline. This will create more definition.
- Runching across the bust: Runching adds bulk, and this is what you want. The perfect combination is a runched, empire waist!
- Very high or low cut neckline: this one depends on your body. While fashion experts firmly state that low cut necklines are a definite no-no, it can work if you’ve got a nice décolleté area and neck that you don’t mind showing off. It can appear quite elegant (think ballet dancer types). If you don’t think you can pull this off, high necklines are much better. Opt for ones that are close to the base of your neck, or even turtlenecks.
- Draped necklines: another way to enhance the bustline is by a draped neckline, but make sure it’s not too low cut or sags too much. It should be fitted and tight enough that it doesn’t look baggy or sloppy. This one needs practice.
- Strapless: only you can pull of going strapless and still look elegant! It’s your perfect summer option (just don’t forget the sunscreen).
There’s no hard and fast rule when it comes to the perfect shirt, however these qualities may help.