What are you cooking tonight? Why not skip going out for dinner and try this easy recipe you can make quickly at home? You’re guaranteed a healthier, less fattening and delicious meal that’s budget friendly to boot. It’s great for your CoolSculpting results!
Red Curry (each serving contains 345 calories and 7.8 grams protein)
2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 ½ cups carrots, chopped
6 potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
¼ cup red curry paste
1 6-ounce can tomato paste
1 ½ cups vegetable stock
1 cup water
2 tbsp maple syrup
½ tsp turmeric powder
How to make it
1. In a large pot over medium heat, cook garlic, onion, carrots and potatoes with oil. Add a good amount of salt and some pepper. Cover and cook for abut four minutes, until slightly soft.
2. Add chickpeas and curry paste. Stir well. Cook for about two more minutes.
3. Add tomato paste, vegetable stock, water, maple syrup, and turmeric. Stir. Make sure that there is enough liquid that it barely covers the vegetables.
4. Simmer over low heat for 20-25 minutes. This should be enough time for the potatoes to be tender.
5. Season to taste. Feel free to add more maple syrup if you want it a little sweeter.
This goes well with brown rice, or if you’re avoiding carbs, steamed cauliflower. You can also add meat, like chicken.