The gorgeous dress you’re going to be wearing for your next hot date is hanging in your closet, but you don’t know if you can fit into it after all of that partying you did over the weekend because of that post-party bloat. Here’s what you can do to help ease bloating and get your body into that dress again:
1. Drink more fluids. Bloating may be caused by fluids that are trapped. A good way to get rid of them is by urinating, and one of the best ways to make you go more is to just increase your fluid intake. Drink more water, tea or other caffeinated beverages but steer clear of anything carbonated (the gas can contribute to swelling).
2. Eat vegetables and fruits that are high in water content. Things like watermelon and cucumbers can help flush the system of trapped fluid and toxins.
3. Eat food with a lot of potassium. Bananas, celery and tomatoes are packed full of potassium, an essential mineral that helps your body achieve better balance of fluids.
4. Cut down on onions, garlic, carbs and dairy products. All of these foods can contribute to bloating since they’re “gas-producing”.
5. Eat pineapple. It’s fantastic for the digestive system and helps facilitate the digestion of food, making your system more efficient and effective.
Don’t worry – with these tips you’ll be able to smooth down that bloated stomach in no time!