Only the lucky few are impervious to acne. The rest of us will probably see a pimple or two sometime in our lives, regardless of how old we are. If you get a pimple, here’s what you absolutely should not do!
1. Don’t pick or pop a pimple. It may be incredibly tempting, but consider this: the nasty habit can cause infections and scarring that can permanently blemish your complexion. Do you want that pimple to leave a legacy? No way!
2. Touch your face. Our hands and fingernails are often the dirtiest parts of our body, and touching your face can spread this dirt, worsening acne. Keep your hands off of your face.
3. Self medicate. Choosing a treatment on your own, without the assistance of a skincare expert, may prove disastrous. Our skin is complex, and if you choose the wrong treatment, it could cause breakouts to get worse. Seek the help of a pro if you want to get rid of your pimples. It’s safer, more effective and generally achieves more desirable results. There are several treatments available only through consultation with a medical professional, such as medical grade peels and Vivier.
4. Be impatient. Noninvasive solutions for acne typically rely on the body to correct itself. However, relying on the body to slow and stop the development of acne is often a gradual process that can take some time. Don’t rush your treatment or overdo it. You will see results, but you’ll just have to wait a bit.
5. Don’t over wash your skin. Acne is caused by dirt and bacteria, which may lead to the conclusion that you’re not washing the afflicted area enough. This reasoning is faulty. Washing your skin too much will only strip it of its protective natural oils and aggravate the problem. Be gentle when you wash and do it only once or twice a day, as directed by your skincare practitioner.