FotoFacial RF Pro® / Photofacial
Safely and comfortably fade the appearance of skin imperfections and uneven skin tones caused by the sun, as well as uneven skin tones caused by brown and red spots (such as rosacea, spider veins and age spots). FotoFacial RF Pro® is a unique photofacial treatment that addresses a number of cosmetic skin concerns for the face and body (also known as FotoBody™ RF treatments).
The procedure can target the following concerns:
- Rosacea, flushing, redness, ruddy complexion, broken capillaries and spider veins of the face. All these "pink" vascular based conditions of the skin improve by up to 80%.
- Sun spots, age spots, hyperpigmentation and multiple freckles. All these "brown", melanin based conditions of the skin improve, on average, by up to 80%.
- Chronic sun damage and photoaging improves up to 80%.
- Sun damage and the signs of aging that develop on the hands, neck and chest can be improved by up to 80% .
- Overall texture significantly improves.
With elōs™ technology, RadioFrequency and Intense Pulsed Light, one FotoFacial RF Pro® treatment will achieve the optimal degree of enhancement to all components of your skin, unlike other photofacial treatments that use only one type of technology. There is no downtime.
After Your Photofacial Rejuvenation Treatment
After the FotoFacial RF Pro® skin rejuvenation treatment, you may experience some short term redness in the treated area which will go away shortly. No other side effects are generally reported. Protect the treated area from sun exposure.
Answers to Common Questions
What is the technology behind FotoFacial RF Pro®?
FotoFacial RF Pro® uses elōs™ technology, a combination of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL), Diode Laser, and RadioFrequency (RF) energy to achieve the optimal degree of improvement to all components of targeted skin. This treatment has no downtime when improving redness, rosacea, pinkness, spider veins, pores and texture.
Why is elōs™ different?
Because of the following reasons:
- Radio Frequency is a highly controllable energy heat source, working synergistically with optical energy
- Enables the use of light energy at a level that is safe for all skin types
- No additional risk to the epidermis
- Precisely targets areas "preheated" by optical energy
- Contact cooling on skin's surface provides increased comfort and safety
To find out if Photofacial Rejuvenation with FotoFacial RF Pro® is appropriate for you, read more about the ideal candidate here.
Is FotoFacial RF Pro® painful?
While treatment is gentle and virtually painless, a topical numbing cream may be applied to reduce discomfort if you are particularly sensitive.
What areas can be targeted?
The full face, neck, hands and body may be targeted.
How long will the results last?
The best results are achieved in a series of 4-6 sessions spaced a couple of weeks apart. Maintenance sessions may be booked every six months or so, depending on the individual patient. Protecting the skin from the sun and following a healthy lifestyle will prolong results.
Media - FotoFacial RF Pro®
click on an image to open article in PDF format
Cosmetic Dermatology is advancing at lightning speed.
Carnie Wilson went from a size 26 to a size 6
Trend #1: Nanotechnology. "A more enlightened attitude toward aging."
"New skin technology gets to the bottom of aging skin"
New Non-Invasive Treatment Applicator from Syneron
Procedures for that desired look.