Fraxel® Skin Resurfacing
Discover the ability to gently but effectively remove the signs of aging and environmental damage with Fraxel®, a non-surgical skin resurfacing procedure that can help you look years younger. Now available at Skin Vitality, Fraxel® can correct wrinkles, pigmented lesions, melasma, acne and surgical scars as well as dramatically improve tone and texture. It is an FDA-cleared treatment that allows you to revitalize your complexion, making your skin look smoother, fresher and more youthful.
The success behind Fraxel® technology is the way in which the device works. The skin in a treated area is exposed to laser energy, but unlike other laser-based skin resurfacing procedures, Fraxel® delivers this energy as microscopic columns which penetrate deeply into the dermis and leave some tissue unaffected. As a result, only a fraction of skin tissue is exposed at any given time, and that is why healing and the recovery process are faster - because only the affected tissue needs to recover from treatment.
What Fraxel® Skin Resurfacing Can Do For You:
- Smooth out fine lines, wrinkles and furrows.
- Improve skin texture
- Erase pigmented lesions such as age or sun spots.
- Address general discolouration.
- Treat redness resulting from photodamage.
- Rejuvenate the eye area, as a non-surgical alternative to cosmetic eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty).
- Eliminate scars resulting from acne, surgery or trauma.
- Target stretchmarks.
Patients are often very happy with the results they achieve.
- Face (safe enough for the delicate eye area)
After Your Treatment
After Fraxel® skin resurfacing, you may experience some short term pinkness, redness and swelling in the treated area which will go away in a couple of hours. Patients may also experience minor itching, peeling/flaking, and dryness. Protect the treated area from sun exposure.
Answers to Common Questions
How is Fraxel® skin resurfacing different?
Because of the following reasons:
- The laser is delivered in microscopic columns, so only some tissue is affected in a targeted area. This allows the treated area to heal faster while still achieving optimum results.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- The technology targets water, rather than pigment, in the skin. This is unlike other methods of laser skin resurfacing. As a result, darker skin won't be at a higher risk for scarring and discolouration.
How do I know if I'm a good candidate?
You can find out if you're a good candidate for Fraxel skin resurfacing by calling us at 1-877-356-7776 to book your free consultation with a Medical Consultant. Your initial consultation will include an assessment of your concern and your skin to determine whether the procedure is suitable for you.
Is it painful?
While treatment is gentle. A topical numbing cream may be applied to reduce discomfort or a cooling system may be used.
How long will the results last?
The best results are achieved in a series of 3-5 sessions spaced about 2-6 weeks apart.
Media - Fraxel® Skin Resurfacing
click the image to watch or read
The "gold standard for pore size."
Elle: Face Odyssey
"Quick and non-invasive; noticeably less painful than other tissue tighteners..."
"...a good option for treating larger areas of hyperpigmentation."